SEARCH BLOG FOR ANYTHING HERE!

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Upcoming Sony Review? It's Been Five Years!!??

Upcoming Sony Review? It's Been Five Years!!??
July 2018, Carl Garrard

For those of you who haven't followed me from day one, I'll give you a little history. My days of doing camera reviews started way back in 2007 with a site that I took down from the internet called AlphaMountWorld.com. This website was dedicated to Sony's new DSLR system (and Konica Minolta gear), much like Dyxum.com or other Sony/Konica Minolta centric sites on the internet today. At that time there were only 3 sites globally dedicated to Sony or Konica Minolta gear (at least for the english speaking world). There, I cut my teeth in reviewing cameras, and have learned so much since then. I grew, and moved on to my own website where I could review any camera I liked, the one you are on now. For whatever reason, I haven't done a full Sony review in over five years. (There may be a prize in store for readers!)



There's no particular reason for it. I moved on to working with several manufacturers and have been learning about their camera systems and also doing reviews on their products. Call it balance, whatever you want, I have no particular reason for the long hiatus from Sony other than just being interested in learning new camera systems. Besides Hasselblad, I think I've pretty  much covered the entire spectrum of manufacturers out there on this website in terms of using and reviewing their products. And now, six years on, I think it is indeed time once again to review a camera from Sony.

The question is, which camera will it be? I'd like to see my readers take a stab at what they think the next Sony camera will be. My last review was of an old friend, the Sony RX100 II in 2013. Let me know what you think it will be... (there may be a secret prize in store for the first person to comment that gets it right...).

Stay focused.

-Carl Garrard 

5 comments:

  1. I was gonna guess an rx camera - no hints on old or new ...
    RX10 the new one. Whatever number we're up to.
    I wonder if I saw your NaturalAbstractSymmetry post because I've done something similar in the past couple months - I'm guessing I saw it and it sat in my subconscious for a while. So that's where I got the idea - thanks! Yours are better than mine so I'm not taking your market LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. final answer! rx10iv - I have a rx100ii, if it had a long lens and phase detect AF it would work for almost everything I shoot, except for fisheye/UWA and tilted focus plane. I wonder if you're thinking the same ...

      Delete
  3. Hey I sent you the email a while back, maybe dead email from AMW. Comments on the rx10iv review were amusing LOL - hit me up g mail addr 4paulhuckeby

    ReplyDelete