SEARCH BLOG FOR ANYTHING HERE!

Friday, May 24, 2019

Fujfilm GFX-50R- Well, It's Here

Fujfilm GFX-50R- Well, It's Here
May 2019- Carl Garrard

May has been an interesting month. Mostly cold and rainy here in Southern California, which is odd, yet par for the course lately especially in comparison to normal. We are rounding up a record rain season for our state.  And although the weather has been a bit more gloomy than usual, a ray of sunshine peeks in now and then. I guess this is a metaphorical sign, because a little ray of sunshine just arrived at my door. Many new cameras have come across my desk this year so far, but I never expected the GFX-50R to be one of them. When Fujifilm announced the GFX-50R upon the camera industry, I was blown away by it's design, even more so than when the X100 was announced years back. My very first thought was that it was the dream camera for me, never mind that it was a medium format camera, talk about icing on the cake. Likely, I'd never own one, but sometimes admiring beautiful things from afar is pretty cool too. Of all the cameras on the market, there are only three that were my dream cameras, of which I'd likely never get a chance to own or use. Fujifilm's GFX-50R is one of those three cameras.

Fujifilm GFX 50R USED AND NEW PRICES

Honestly, I'd be a bit remiss if I didn't say I'm a bit in shock and star struck by it's presence here. However, it's sort of similar to having the opportunity to meet an idol in person; and I always told myself it would be best to just remain calm and be myself. So far, so good. I've also got the 45mm f/2.8 and 63mm f/2.8 lenses in my possession. This will be my first ever Medium Format camera review, and I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences.

As a photographer, I look forward to trying something truly unique and different than anything I've ever worked with in the past. If you read frequently, you know I love myself a good rangefinder, and cameras that are designed like it. My XE2 is one of my favorite all time cameras. And from first glance, this camera looks like the Hulk version of it. This, ought to be fun.

Stay focused.

-Carl Garrard

1 comment:

  1. I just had my first 100% view, of a jpeg mind you, and I can already tell this changes everything I've seen with digital photography quality. This is unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete