SEARCH BLOG FOR ANYTHING HERE!

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Upcoming E-Mount Camera Review- Our First! *Update*

Upcoming E-Mount Camera Review- Our First!
June 2019, Carl Garrard
Surprise! Tis' Sony month here at Photographic Central. A slew of Sony A-Mount and now even an E-Mount camera reviews are coming from my desk this month. Three tribute A-Mount camera reviews are in the works as well as my first Sony E-Mount camera review, the Sony A7 II (and 28-70mm lens). I've managed to somehow completely miss reviewing the E-Mount cameras for one reason or another, but now is the time that I finally take a look at what they offer vs. all the other makers out there. I've been sent quite a few cameras lately, as well as purchased my own for my collection- so things have been very busy in the "office". I'm looking forward to using my very first full frame E-Mount camera. Last time I evaluated any Sony mirrorless was with the Sony NEX6/7 cameras. I wasn't impressed with those cameras so well see how far Sony have come since then.

Sony Alpha a7II 28-70mm Kit Best Current Price


Just an update for readers:

I will not be completing this review after all. I spent just over a week with this camera and lens. And while a competent combo (most cameras are competent), the handling of the camera, start up delays, and unintuitive menu system, proved to be the kind that takes away from the shooting experience for me. These are similar findings of others as well. While Sony has come a long way with the A7 series, I don't yet find a place for it in my photography, nor do I wish to be dishonest and spend the time writing a review about a camera that I don't feel passionate about.

There are simply too many other alternatives that are more intuitive and well thought out to spend my time on this series. And while other review sites may be shy to give their thoughts so directly, I am not tied to the industry nor I do I rely on relationships with camera companies to put food on the table. There's a big difference in the integrity of my articles, as a result.

Stay focused.

Carl Garrard

No comments:

Post a Comment